HOW TO GET A DRINK AT A BUSY BAR….
1. Make eye contact the moment the bartender finishes with a customer. The bartender will be scanning their customers to see who needs to be served next.
2. Look eager to make your order. Facial expressions say a lot in a loud bar.
3. Never clap, whistle, or yell “HEY ME” or “I’M NEXT”. It’s not only rude. It will get you nowhere.
4 . Speak up. Order your drink loud enough for the bartender to hear you.
5. Don’t touch the fruit tray. No one invited you to eat the fruit and it’s unsanitary.
6. Don’t argue with your friends about who is going to pay for the round. Figure that out before you even order your drinks.
7. Have your ID and money ready and in hand. Bartenders don’t have time to stand there and watch you fumble through your pockets or purse.
8. Tip your bartender well on the first round. They will defiantly remember who you are and what you drink.
9. If you’re not sure what to tip, 20% always seems to work out well.
10. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER tap your glass, can, or bottle on the bar expecting that you will be getting a faster drink or a quicker response. BARTENDERS HATE THAT!!!!!
If you have any questions about Bartending Tips & Tricks or wish to register for an upcoming class, please contact the Maryland Bartending Academy by calling 410-787-0020 or visit MarylandBartending.com today!
Maryland Bartending Academy is not only Maryland’s oldest bartending school, but we also offer the most comprehensive curriculum around. We will have you ready for your new career in two weeks and then we will help you find bartender jobs around Maryland and DC! We have trained and placed thousands and thousands of bartenders into some of the busiest bars throughout not only Maryland and DC, but also the entire nation.
You can also follow the Maryland Bartending Academy on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.