No drink says Holiday Cheer more than eggnog. So we at the Maryland Bartending Academy thought we would take a step back from all of the professional bartending tips and tricks and instead provide you all with a recipe guaranteed to wow your friends and family this holiday season.
- 4 cups milk
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups light rum
- 4 cups light cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- First, combine the milk, cloves, ½ teaspoon of vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Heat over low heat for 5 minutes, slowly bringing the milk to a boil.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar and whisk until the combination becomes fluffy.
- Then whisk in the hot milk mixture and pour into a saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Strain the mixture, removing the cloves.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Finally, stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla and nutmeg. Oh yea, and add the rum!
- Refrigerate the eggnog overnight before serving.
If you have any questions about Bartending Tips & Tricks or wish to register for an upcoming class, please contact the Maryland Bartending Academy by calling 410-787-0020 or visit MarylandBartending.com today!
Maryland Bartending Academy is not only Maryland’s oldest bartending school, but we also offer the most comprehensive curriculum around. We will have you ready for your new career in two weeks and then we will help you find bartender jobs around Maryland and DC! We have trained and placed thousands and thousands of bartenders into some of the busiest bars throughout not only Maryland and DC, but also the entire nation.