1) Bartending. It’s like having a career in a suitcase! Work anywhere in the world, from a “hot” New York City nightclub, to the glitz and glamor of a Los Vegas casino, to a warm romantic ski lodge in Vail, to a cruise ship sailing the Caribbean.
2) Bartenders can earn $100 to $300 (even more) per shift. A typical bar customer tips one or two dollars a drink, and that adds up fast on a busy night. Who wouldn’t like going home with a pocket full of cash after working? Many of our graduates claim they earned their cost of our course within their first week bartending.
3) Work evenings and weekends. Bartending jobs offer flexible full or part time hours that easily fits your schedule. Work as little or as much as you want. Most of our graduates choose to work part-time, (one to three shifts per week) because they either want to supplement their income, or they’re a college student who needs to earn a lot of cash working the fewest hours, or like many of graduates who are retired and just looking for something fun to do.
4) It’s really easy to make friends or find romance. Bartenders are at the center of attention. Everyone needs to go to the bar to get a drink, what better way can you think of to break the ice and meet people?
6) Job security. You will always have a job somewhere if you are a good bartender. In good times and bad, people will always drink! Imagine if you lost your job; it’s comforting to know you can always fall back on bartending, to pay the bills.
7) Be the bartender at your next party. Impress friends and family by having the skills and talent to make the tastiest cocktails they could request.
8) Bartending is a great way to network and promote a current job or project you may be working on.
10) Make your friends envious. Bartenders can usually afford to wear nice clothes and drive new cars.
If you have any questions about Bartending Tips & Tricks or wish to register for an upcoming class, please contact the Maryland Bartending Academy by calling 410-787-0020 or visit MarylandBartending.com today!
Maryland Bartending Academy is not only Maryland’s oldest bartending school, but we also offer the most comprehensive curriculum around. We will have you ready for your new career in two weeks and then we will help you find bartender jobs around Maryland and DC! We have trained and placed thousands and thousands of bartenders into some of the busiest bars throughout not only Maryland and DC, but also the entire nation.