Contrary to popular belief, it takes a lot to be a good bartender. And as anyone who has ever been to a bar knows, there are some big differences between good bartenders and bad bartenders. So what are these differences?
- A good bartender knows his regulars by name.
- A good bartender can take multiple orders at once.
- A good bartender knows how to mix a plethora of drinks.
- A good bartender spends their time moving around the bar, not playing favorites.
- A good bartender makes sure their customers’ drinks are never empty for long.
- A good bartender makes sure their bar is clean.
- A good bartender never over serves and knows the signs of intoxication.
- A good bartender takes pride in their work.
- A bad bartender never remembers anyone’s name.
- A bad bartender is easily overwhelmed and often messes up orders.
- A bad bartender does not know how to mix drinks and often has to step away to look up drink recipes.
- A bad bartender plays favorites and often neglects guests.
- A bad bartender takes their time to refill drinks.
- A bad bartender lets their bar accumulate clutter, including empty glasses, napkins, and other trash.
- A bad bartender does not know how to spot the signs of intoxication.
- A bad bartender just bartends to receive a paycheck.
Don’t be a bad bartender. Learn the ropes at the Maryland Bartending Academy. We are not only Maryland’s oldest bartending academy, but we also offer the most comprehensive curriculum around. Plus, our state-of-the-art classroom allows you to experience exactly what it feels like behind a completely functional bar.
If you have any questions about Bartending School or wish to register for classes, please contact the Maryland Bartending Academy by calling 410-787-0020 or visit MarylandBartending.com today!
You can also follow the Maryland Bartending Academy on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.